Talk

Advanced search

Strangely Fussy DS

(5 Posts)
pinkhyena Fri 23-Sep-11 11:53:29

DS is 11 months and loves his food but lately he refuses to have savoury food from a spoon. He'll happily have sweet things like yoghurt and cereal but he becomes really worked up if I try and give him 'spoon food' at lunch or tea. I've tried the two spoons approach and letting him feed himself but that only works for a few bites before he refuses to eat anything else. Firstly does anyone have any idea why he might be doing this and secondly i'm now struggling for ideas of what to give him as finger food so can anyone suggest some new meals?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Sep-11 12:26:49

pink is he teething? He could be fussy because his gums are sore.

If you are after some ideas, see if your library has got this book.

pinkhyena Fri 23-Sep-11 13:14:02

He is and they're canine ones. I wondered if it was teeth but I would have thought it would be all spoon foods he'd gone off rather than just savoury.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Sep-11 14:04:59

Perhaps he just likes the sweet ones more and when he is sore he just can't be bothered with them smile.

Have you tried putting on the Dentinox gel before feeding him?

pinkhyena Fri 23-Sep-11 15:20:24

No I haven't to be honest. I'll give it a go though. We realised quite early on that he takes after me with the sweet tooth so maybe you're right and he thinks sweet things are worth the effort haha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now