Talk

Advanced search

Cow's Milk

(4 Posts)
EgonSpengler Wed 21-Sep-11 12:18:03

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had some insight re: cow's milk... DD has just turned 1 and has two bottles of formula - one in morning and one before bed - a day. Now that she's 1 should I just switch completely to cow's milk or should I do it incrementally e.g. change the morning one to cow's milk and keep the evening one as aptamil. She's a super good eater and will basically eat whatever I give her so I'm not worried about lack of nutrients.

Ta!

Ex

Madlizzy Wed 21-Sep-11 12:20:35

I just switched straight over, but I don't know what the current recommendations are, as my youngest kids are 12. grin

Seona1973 Wed 21-Sep-11 12:47:23

I did what you originally suggested i.e switched the morning one to cows milk and left the bedtime one as formula. After a week or so I swapped the bedtime one to cows milk as well. Neither of mine seemed to notice a difference and drank it fine. If your lo rejects the cows milk you can try mixing made up formula with cows milk and gradually increase the amount of cows milk until it is fully cows milk.

EgonSpengler Wed 21-Sep-11 13:14:26

Brilliant! Thank you all. I think I'll try her out with cow's milk in the morning first and see how we go from there. Goodbye Aptamil - hooray!!

Ex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now