Talk

Advanced search

Im finding it hard..

(5 Posts)
LovelyKatie Tue 20-Sep-11 09:05:33

I'm finding this weaning business very hard,

Can anyone recommend a good blender that actually purees food?

the blender I have is rubbish and I cannot get it to the smooth texture it needs to be. Preferably cheap if possible!

Thanks

lilham Tue 20-Sep-11 09:30:02

I use a very old Braun hand blender I've got. I heard other mums using a hand blender from asda (or is it argos). They are easier to use with small volumes the normal blenders. I put the cooked veg in any bowl and whizz. I also use a spoon to stir and the whizz again to make sure I get the lumps at the bottom.

greeneone12 Tue 20-Sep-11 09:34:46

I found it really hard to start with too. All the other mums in my group seemed to find it so easy! I also used a hand blender and found that the easiest option. It blended all sorts to a really smooth texture including green beans! Are you using any book as a guide or just going at it with root veg and fruit?

lilham Tue 20-Sep-11 11:34:58

greenone12, I'm just using fruit and root veg since my DD isn't keen on food. She's 6mo this friday so technically I can give meat, but they are pricier then the veg, so I'll stick with the cheaper option smile I'm not using the non-root veg since they tend to be less sweet. So it's basically apples, pears, carrots, parsnip, sweet potatoes that kind of thing. I buy a little bit more if I'm cooking any of these, then steam and puree. Using my mini muffin tray to freeze them into 1 tsp portions. When I need to use them, I reheat in the microwave, and then thin it with milk. Because DD ate so little, my freezer stash is now too large. I found making the purees easy, but getting the food in is a totally different thing. The other mums all seem to have babies that cry out for the purees. But not my DD sad

winnybella Tue 20-Sep-11 11:38:28

Why don't you just cook/steam some apples or carrots and give it to your baby to eat it him/herself? Avocado and bananas are also great starter foods.

You don't need to puree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now