Talk

Advanced search

Is this a phase - DD will now only eat a very select few things!

(4 Posts)
greeneone12 Mon 19-Sep-11 17:39:34

Hey All

My nearly 11MO little one is putting me through my paces. Where as she would once eat most things I gave her (pureed then we moved on to lumps) she now won't eat anything from a spoon unless its her 2 main favourite dishes. She is happily chewing on a stick of baby corn now but won't have anything from a bowl at lunch or dinner times unless its one of the two staples she loves.

She is cutting her two top teeth but this has been going on for almost a month. Do I offer her just the favourites for now or give nothing if she won't have what I give her? She seems happy and fine in herself but it's so frustrating. Yes I know that my stress will make it worse and I am calm at mealtimes just get frustrated inbetween meals!

She LOVES her fruit.

Any advice from thos with older DD's?

Thanks!

twotesttickles Mon 19-Sep-11 21:19:47

Quit worrying. Food before one is just for fun. Repeat. About a thousand times. smile

greeneone12 Tue 20-Sep-11 09:33:17

Thank you smile I try but all my other friends have amazing eaters and she was doing so well. Note to self - must not worry.

twotesttickles Tue 20-Sep-11 16:46:06

Yes and those amazing eaters probably have night terrors/poonamis every time they are in Sainsburys. Please try not to worry. They all get the idea about eating eventually. And those who eat well at this age then go on to become picky when they are two. It happens to all kids. Just at different times. Very few teens live on toast and milk, don't worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now