Talk

Advanced search

3rd time mum but BLW beginner! Help!

(6 Posts)
cherub59 Mon 19-Sep-11 14:51:16

Ds3 not interested in purees completely unlike my others. He has very happily polished off some toast and some banana when left to get on with it.
Any ideas for other good first blw foods or do I literally just give him anything we are having as long as it hasn't got salt or is too small?
Getting him to take a bottle/cup is my next battle....
He is 27 weeks....

lifeistooshort Mon 19-Sep-11 14:55:00

sounds like my DS3!! Toast with anything on it (banana, cheese, avocado, mini sandwiches), breadstick and houmous, drop scones, cooked carrot sticks or any vegetable stick for that matter. Mini rice cakes with anything on them.

That's all I could think about. DS also used to help himself in my plate so I did try not to cook with salt/stock (unless it was low salt).

Enjoy, BLW is so much fun and as a result DS3 is a lot less fussy than DS2

ScaryFairy28 Tue 20-Sep-11 07:01:10

Sorry to jump on your post but was about to post the same kind of thing. Where do I start with BLW? Age? Foods? Etc

cherub59 Thu 22-Sep-11 06:41:58

Thanks for the ideas! He polished off loads of toast and avocado on just day 2 of blw and cried for more!
On hummus can u use shop bought (awaiting telling off for that suggestion!) or just home made?

lilham Thu 22-Sep-11 11:12:29

They can have 1g of salt a day. Maybe have a look at the food label? There's probably baby hummus too.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 22-Sep-11 13:10:03

Sounds just like my DD too. There are some recipes here but the suggestions you've had already are good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now