Talk

Advanced search

Snacks for BLW

(4 Posts)
mumwithdice Sun 18-Sep-11 10:29:02

I have a 9 month old daughter. She is still breastfed a lot which is fine, but I can no longer do it while we're out as she is distracted by the world. This is wonderful, but she is, of course, still hungry. As I said in the title, we are doing BLW and she's doing well. Thus, the logical course of action is for me to start carrying snacks with me. The problem is I don't know what sort of snacks would be good. Any suggestions? We're vegetarian, btw.

Flisspaps Sun 18-Sep-11 10:31:28

Cheese (cut into sticks), breadsticks, grapes cut in half, a banana, packets of Organix snacks, carrot sticks, sticks of melon or mango, crackers or crispbread with a bit of butter on and snapped into strips.

Pretty much anything you can get into a plastic pot really smile

mumwithdice Sun 18-Sep-11 10:57:04

Great. Thank you!

gourd Sun 18-Sep-11 13:05:19

Any left overs from tea time the night before - cooked brocolli florettes dipped in cream cheese, left over roast vegetables inc peppers and potatoes are just as nice cold, left over omelette, crackers with cream cheese and soft cheese, hazelnut/peanut butter or humous in sandwiches - or any filling that sticks to the bread well - hard boiled egg yolk mashed with butter is also good, but don't be tempted to try and use the white with it - it just goes all bitty and very messy! Dried and fresh fruit (bananas and tangerines are already conveniently packaged!), yogurt...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now