Talk

Advanced search

is oatabix suitable for a 8mo?

(9 Posts)
Moulesfrites Wed 14-Sep-11 20:27:28

My HV has suggested giving ds a supper to perhaps help with his rubbish sleeping. She has suggested something an oat based rather than wheat based (something to do with how it is digested?). Would oatabix be ok? Am a bit paranoid about salt intake - have calculated that there is 0.7g in an oatabix - is this too much?

Just don't really want to give ready brek as would prefer something with a bit more texture, and seems a bit daft to make tiny portions of porridge so oatabix seems quite handy?

Seona1973 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:20:16

I think you have your calculation wrong as there are 0.14g of salt per 2 biscuits so only 0.07g in 1 biscuit - not very salty at all

Moulesfrites Wed 14-Sep-11 21:24:21

ok that's a bit better then - thank you!! [dense emoticon]

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 15-Sep-11 09:23:42

Moules if you want to add a bit of texture to the Ready Brek you could always add something like raisins or a chopped banana.

debka Thu 15-Sep-11 09:28:01

Sainsbury's Basics ready brek is great- DD2 has it for breakfast nearly every day, with some fruit mashed up in it. It has a more coarse texture than normal expensive ready brek, and doesn't contain any salt and sugar.

Really hope DS's sleep improves for you soon smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 15-Sep-11 09:53:09

Moules have you read this too?

mousymouse Thu 15-Sep-11 09:54:34

oatibix are fine

cantmakecarrotcake Thu 15-Sep-11 10:29:57

Oh god, I hope they're fine. It's pretty much all DD will eat!

KentishMaid1977 Thu 15-Sep-11 16:24:46

I first gave my 7.5 mo oatibix a few nights ago and her sleep has improved. The one night I didn't bother with it, she went back to her old wakeful self! Let us know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now