Talk

Advanced search

Lunch recipes for a 6month old weaning baby (past 1st taste stage)

(5 Posts)
justtired Mon 12-Sep-11 23:08:29

Hi,
I weaned my ds a few weeks early on the HV advice (he is a big boy) and so we are past the 1st stage tastes (pure rice, puree veg etc) and we are starting 3 meals a day and breakfast he is having a baby cereal and a home-cooked dinner but stuck fo something inbetween. I dont really want to give cereal etc again want something more substantial, but not a full dinner type thing...any ideas?

Thanks x

Jaxlily Tue 13-Sep-11 15:16:48

Hi there,

My little one has veg at lunch and fruit for her 4o'clock snack. She absolutely loves everything so far! We are still at the puree stage until next week (doctor check-up) but so far everything has gone down a huge hit. I've mixed up apples, bananas, avocados, melons, passion fruit, peaches, strawberries ... all on their own or mixed together. You could choose one that he could (try to:-)) eat on his own if he is bored with purees?

J.

RitaMorgan Tue 13-Sep-11 15:40:11

Sandwiches, rice cakes, cheese, fruit, veg sticks, leftovers from dinner, soup.

justtired Tue 13-Sep-11 21:50:37

Jaxlily - thanks for the ideas, I have been doing the usual fruit purees but may do some of the ones you have suggested and mix together and maybe add some rice or museli?

Ritamorgan - He isnt at the solid food stage yet but will defo give all your suggestions a go when he is smile

Thanks x

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 14-Sep-11 14:13:42

just if you give him some finger food he will probably surprise you.

Try him out with some cooked veg or strips of chicken, baby bread sticks, rice cakes, a banana, a nectarine or pear cut into big pieces or just toast. At 6 months he is ready for solid food, have a look at these photos and take a look around the website if you can, its got some great information and ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now