Talk

Advanced search

3 weeks into BLW - is DS constipated?

(2 Posts)
33goingon64 Mon 12-Sep-11 19:13:47

DS (6 mo) is getting on v well with BLW, eating veg, fruit, weetabix, bread, cheese, yogurt, chicken etc. He has gone from one runny poo per week (yes folks) to at least one solid pellet poo per day. It is dry enough to roll off the nappy, kind of the same texture as a pellet of horse manure (I assume would be tacky or sticky to touch rather than dry... Haven't tried!) He seems happy enough, he goes quiet and holds his breath and I can see him pushing a bit when he poos but it doesn't seem to bother him and he's not straining as such.

I give him a free flow cup with water at most meals and help him drink it. He takes a few sips but nit much more. He is bf all day and then ff at night.

Could he be constipated? I saw someone else saying apples and bananas can be binding... Or should I get him to drink more water?

Ruth1234 Mon 12-Sep-11 19:30:46

My dd was the same when we started BLW at 6 months, but after talking to friends and Googling it, which ever way you start weaning, a change in the poo in the way you describe is very common. If he is not in pain I wouldn't worry about it. Although I offered my dd a fresh fig or two when I was concerned - wow, that got things moving (a little too much) blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now