Talk

Advanced search

Bolognese at 7 months?

(7 Posts)
Breatheout Wed 07-Sep-11 13:54:11

in Annabel Karmel's book, she says that between 6-9 months, babies can have her bolognese sauce. Just freaking out that red meat is a bit too much for my DD but making it for myself this evening so, if it's ok, would like to give her some unseasoned stuff for tea. Advice please,

Thank you.

piprabbit Wed 07-Sep-11 14:04:03

I'm assuming that the sauce is just meat, tomatoes, veggies and some herbs? No added salt?

I don't see any particular problem with giving that to a 7 month old - but it depends on your particular child. At 7 months you could have been weaning for a couple of weeks or a couple of months. Have you already introduced chicken and fish, or are you planning on going straight from apple puree to spag bol?

Are you planning on leaving the sauce chunky for BLW (in which case the texture might generate an interesting reaction) or puree it a bit for spoon feeding?

I don't see it being a big problem if you offer her a little - if she doesn't like it you will soon know.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Sep-11 14:09:49

Really can't see why not. if you were doing BLW she would be just eating what you eat.

Just stick it on her tray and see how she gets on smile

Breatheout Wed 07-Sep-11 15:52:07

thanks guys... just gave it a go and she loved it!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Sep-11 19:30:24

That's good new Breathout.

islandbaby Thu 08-Sep-11 02:15:40

BLW with spaghetti bolognese is an opportunity not to be missed - you should have your camera ready for the end result!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 08-Sep-11 12:28:18

Agree with Island only I'd suggest a video of it as well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now