Talk

Advanced search

suddenly a fussy bugger!!

(6 Posts)
lollipoppet Tue 06-Sep-11 21:00:35

my dd is a week off being one and has gone from eating anything i gave her to being a right fusspot! she suddenly knows that vegetables are very bad for children and will fish them out so she can leave them!

I'm just looking for any advice? What do you do if your baby doesn't eat what you give them? Do you make something else? Do they still get their pudding if they don't eat dinner?? I keep thinking surely she's too young to be manipulative and giving in to feeding her philidelphia sandwiches (she'll wolf them!)

Not sure what to do....

lollipoppet Wed 07-Sep-11 15:57:40

bump...

DeepDeepFlavours Thu 08-Sep-11 08:20:12

You're not alone! I started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago...you can read the answers fruther down the page. It is called 'Hit a brick wall at 12 months'.

Zimm Thu 08-Sep-11 15:49:25

would you two like to come and join my support group thread I just started? support group for picky eaters 12/13 months - in thsi section

Madlizzy Thu 08-Sep-11 15:51:19

Sounds like she wants to feed herself. Also, her growth slows down about now, so the appetite diminishes a little. Finger foods as much as possible, otherwise let her have a spoon as well as you, and look at what she eats over a week rather than a day. As long as she grows, is bright and energetic, then she's getting what she needs.

lollipoppet Fri 09-Sep-11 08:55:58

Thanks, I'll have a look at those other threads.
Madlizzy, she does want to feed herself! and she does most of the time. Yes, she is very bright and energetic so I guess she is fine and I should stop worrying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now