Talk

Advanced search

Am i weaning right?....

(4 Posts)
clarebear1 Mon 05-Sep-11 20:31:04

DS is having breakfast and dinner at the moment, hes 23 weeks, will be starting lunches next weeks but not too sure when to fit it in. Could you please take a look at his rough routine and see when and how to fit it,thanks!

7am - 7oz bottle

10am - Babyrice made with 7oz bottle then drinks the rest.

1pm - 7oz bottle

4pm - Half jar savoury, half jar dessert.

6.45pm - 7oz bottle

Bed

3am/4am - 7oz bottle

7am - wake and repeat :-)

Im not sure whether to give him solids at 1pm and miss the bottle or give him some and a bottle, i just dont know.

Any advice please, thanks!

kellieb7 Mon 05-Sep-11 21:25:41

Hi, the most important thing at the moment is his milk so I wouldn't drop any bottles, I usually breastfeed about an hour before solids so that LO isn't starving but hungry enough to have a try of whats on offer. I was originally really stressing about fitting everything in but try to relax as it just kind of happens. Good luck grin

Seona1973 Mon 05-Sep-11 21:42:06

ds had milk at 7, 11, 3 and 7 (roughly) and a feed in the night (until 8 months)
he had meals at 8, 12 and 5

Ama28 Tue 06-Sep-11 08:05:19

You shouldnt really start dropping bottles until 6 months, which why weaning beforehand is not massivly encouraged. I would perhaps just keep this routine up a tad longer - and then when he does hit 6m, you can drop a bottle knowing he has taken the best of the milk up till then?
Try not to worry about it - at the moment is the nutrients from the milk he needs, and not the calories or the or blob or vit c or vit b12 from food.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now