Talk

Advanced search

Just turned 1 and refuses to hold her bottle

(7 Posts)
mamafridi Sun 04-Sep-11 16:12:51

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but DD will not hold her own bottle to drink her milk, but can happily sip water from one. She doesn't like sippy cups either. How can I coax her into doing it herself? I have picked moments in the day when it's time for her milk and guided her to hold on to the handles and lay down propped on a pillow so she can tip it back properly, but she does it for a minute then throws a strop and then refuses to drink anymore. She would rather miss out on her milk than actually do it herself.
Please any suggestions would be gladly received.

CosmicMouse Sun 04-Sep-11 16:14:40

I'm a bit confused as to why you need a baby to hold their own bottle?

Am I missing something? confused

Tommy Sun 04-Sep-11 16:16:37

she obviously likes the cuddle element that goes with having her milk smile
I wouldn't worry about it

Gastonladybird Sun 04-Sep-11 16:18:15

Dd was same- got fed up at about 14 months and started doing it herself.

thisisyesterday Sun 04-Sep-11 16:18:42

ds1 would never hold his bottle either,
wasn't a problem, i enjoyed the cuddly feeds while they lasted!

Seona1973 Sun 04-Sep-11 17:26:29

I never expected mine to hold the bottle and quite liked the cuddle time. They used cups by themselves so it wasn't an issue. DD stopped with bottles for milk by 15 months and ds was off them by 11 months

mamafridi Sun 04-Sep-11 18:17:14

Thanks everyone.
Thisisyesterday - you're right I do enjoy the cuddle time we have and seeing as time is just flashing by I should make the most of those rare moments she actually needs and wants me and isn't shooting off causing mischief smile.
It's just the usual comparing and contrasting with others her age that makes me all paranoid. I'll force myself to turn a blind eye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now