Talk

Advanced search

Finding out if our ds has gained his daddys allergy?

(9 Posts)
shazzzza Thu 01-Sep-11 19:35:11

Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong group but new to the website smile we started weaning our 24wk ds 3 wks ago with nany rice now hes on pureed veg and doing well. My OH is allergic to Fresh raspberries and was hoping if anyone has been in a similar situation as to how i find out if our ds has the same allergy?

Thank you smile

Seona1973 Thu 01-Sep-11 20:56:09

wait until he is 6 weeks and then try him with them? What sort of resction does your oh have?

Seona1973 Thu 01-Sep-11 20:56:41

6 months not 6 weeks obviously!

LittleMissBabybrain Thu 01-Sep-11 21:02:30

How severe is your OH's allergic reaction? Some food allergies are hereditary so if it was me I'd probably check with GP or HV before trying him with them.

AnaisB Fri 02-Sep-11 09:55:52

If it's a serious allergy speak to your doctor.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trixymalixy Fri 02-Sep-11 10:04:25

When we were worried about DS having an allergy, the HV suggested we try giving the allergen to DS down at the doctors surgery, so there was medical backup!

eragon Mon 05-Sep-11 18:36:11

you inherit the tendancy to be allergic, but not the food allergy itself.

raspberry allergy isnt that common, however, oral allergy syndrome is conected to fruit allergies and tree pollen allergies.

does yr baby have eczema , poor sleep pattern , poor weight gain? espwhen under 3 months?

any history of asthma?

without all that , am sure the medical proffession would consider yr baby to be low risk.

ask yr gp or get reffered to a pead and ask opinon.

KristinaM Mon 05-Sep-11 18:40:55

please check with your Gp before you try anything

if i were you i would also delay giving your baby other high allergy foods, such as chocolate, fish, eggs, wheat, citrus fruits, tomatoes, nuts

it wont do any harm to wait. your baby is not sitting in his high chair thinking " oh i fancy a chocolate biscuit" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now