Talk

Advanced search

What recipe books have you found invaluable for your children?

(4 Posts)
missrose Thu 01-Sep-11 11:57:57

I think I'm giving my dd the same five foods over and over again and need some inspiration!

My sister swears by her Annabel Karmel recipe book but as we're doing baby led weaning I don't know if it's right for us, unless I don't puree at the end.
Is the BLW recipe book worth getting?

tealove Thu 01-Sep-11 12:07:51

I recently bought the River Cottage baby and toddler cookbook, which I think is great. There is a wide variety of recipes, organised into seasons, and at the beginning of each recipe there is a note about feeding babies so they can enjoy the food as finger foods.

There are also sections on the first year, nutrition and problems with food.

Hope this helps!

missrose Thu 01-Sep-11 13:19:46

Thanks Tealove. Are the recipes fairly quick? I'll be providing meals for the cm so want stuff I can do quickly and would prefer to cook from fresh.

I am a pretty good cook but I could eat the same thing every night for a week if I like it enough - probably not the best tactic for giving a little one a balanced diet though grin

lilham Thu 01-Sep-11 13:43:44

I like the river cottage book too. I feel the food is easy to make enough. If you are fairly competent in cooking, you should be fine with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now