Talk

Advanced search

7 months... How much should I give her to eat?

(4 Posts)
Breatheout Tue 30-Aug-11 15:38:03

my DD Is EBF and we started weaning at 6 months. She tries everything and eats purees and bits of bread etc. I just don't know what VOLUME of food she should be having? Two meals a day plus 5 breastfeeds? That is what I'm doing at the moment but her sleep has become unsettled so I'm worried I have the quantities wrong.

Seona1973 Tue 30-Aug-11 18:34:45

you could add in another meal if you wanted and perhaps some more finger foods

CubiksRube Wed 31-Aug-11 21:56:15

I'm not an expert, but DS is almost 7 months and is on 3 meals per day (but mostly finger food so as much of it coats his outsides as his insides). He has a first-thing and last-thing breasfeed and at nursery, 200ml of formula.

He doesn't really like the formula so I worry a bit low on milk, but I think that's due to the formula (doesn't mind ready made but nursery give him powdered) as previously he was having 4 or 5 'proper' breastfeeds per day plus 3 meals.

Risette Sat 03-Sep-11 13:47:50

My dd is nearly seven months and she has her regular milk intake of 3x 210 ml of formula plus a small breakfast which I just introduced At lunch I make sure she has a protein meal, so approx 30g of meat or fish with vegetables plus a small yoghurt or mashed banana. The last meal is usually vegetables, or fruit and veg equivalent of half a sweet potato and a few broccoli florets.

It's milk though that is still the most important feature...so I would continue with the five breastfeeds

I hope this is helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now