Talk

Advanced search

scrambled egg

(7 Posts)
mejon Mon 29-Aug-11 15:28:29

Can my just to turn 7 month old have scrambled egg? Am I right in thinking that it is recommended that babies don't have whole egg until a year old but can have either the yolk or the white (not sure which) or is there no problem?

ladyintheradiator Mon 29-Aug-11 15:29:36

No problem as far as I know - I have given it to my DD a few times. She didn't think much of it though hmm but yes go ahead, it's a great texture for them.

Gincognito Mon 29-Aug-11 15:31:46

There's no problem with whole egg. The yolk in particular is highly nutritious. My ds loves it, I just slap it on his tray. Not sure how much goes in hmm though.

SinicalSal Mon 29-Aug-11 15:33:36

Fine afaik as long as it's well cooked. Sometimes I would grate a bit of courgette in as well to bump up the veg count for the day, mine never noticed.

mejon Mon 29-Aug-11 16:13:56

Good - thanks. Will make a change from porridge or weetabix for tea.

sparkleshine Mon 29-Aug-11 19:29:29

I put grated cheese in my DS scrambled egg and he loves it, even now at 20 months. But then I love it too and we share 4 eggs between us for lunch
mmmmm

TittyBojangles Mon 29-Aug-11 20:08:25

My DS loves scrambled egg and omelettes and scrambled egg with a bit of tomato, cheese and chicken or whatever done in the microwave is a really quick meal. Cooled down with some cream cheese for when he can't wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now