(10 Posts)
Esme11 Sat 27-Aug-11 09:57:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeggyCarter Sat 27-Aug-11 10:07:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Sat 27-Aug-11 10:09:28

I had one and it was useless

Grumpla Sat 27-Aug-11 10:09:39

My DS refused to eat any kind of purée or mashed food, ever, so would have been a total waste of time for me!

Seona1973 Sat 27-Aug-11 19:55:33

I bought one but dont think I ever used it. I pureed using a cheap hand blender and introduced finger foods fairly quickly

Timeoutofmind Sat 27-Aug-11 21:35:23

I wouldn't bother, you could just mash with a fork or a hand blender.

Imo the only things moulis are useful for are fruit and veg with hard skins such as apricot, sweetcorn etc.

greeneone12 Sat 27-Aug-11 21:43:29

Nope - Anabell K says to use one for peas, sweetcorn etc but my LO never seemed to mind these simply pureed up!

Firawla Sat 27-Aug-11 21:44:42

i had one & it was rubbish, easier just mash with a fork!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 27-Aug-11 21:45:15

peas and sweetcorn are great for practising pincer grip (obv not if mashed!)

islandbaby Sun 28-Aug-11 04:41:38

If you hold off weaning until nearer 6 months and aren't going the finger food/blw route, mashing with a fork (cutting up really small with a knife for things like meat) should be plenty squidgy enough, just add a little water if you want it a bit smoother. It seems pretty solid advice to me to get them used to chunks in food asap rather than really runny purees (which were recommended when people weaned at 4months and babies weren't so developed or ready for solids).

That said, I went the blw route and haven't pureed things, but have mashed up some tasty things like avocado and banana etc and then dumped them on a piece of toast (which I cut up into bitesize pieces normally)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now