Talk

Advanced search

Weaning and sleep.

(4 Posts)
Breatheout Thu 25-Aug-11 04:26:58

my dd is 6.5 months old. We are weaning her with yoghurt and fruit in the morning and rice/mashed potatoes in the afternoon. I am also breastfeeding her. However, in the last week, she has been waking up 3 or 4 times a night. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought that she might be hungry and perhaps she needs more solids but as I am still breastfeeding her 5 times a day, I'm not sure. Any advice greatly appreciated!

cocoachannel Thu 25-Aug-11 13:43:32

We had this when we started weaning DD and it was the opposite problem- she was having too much food and the waking was indigestion/wind. We've cut back and she is sleeping much better, although not through the night as she was before weaning- but I think this is teeth/learning to sit up/ crawl and all of the other exciting 6 month stuff! However, one wake a night is a VAST improvement on where we were this time last week.

Breatheout Thu 25-Aug-11 18:29:21

Thanks Cocoa. Do you mind me asking how often you are ff/bf her?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 25-Aug-11 20:56:08

We found with DC1 that weaning actually made him worse too. Have you tried offering a bf an hour before solids?

You could also cut out the yoghurt to see if that helps or adding some protein in the later meal. The protein will be harder to digest and may help her to sleep more.

From a personal point of view, if I ate what your DD has I would be up all night trumping too blushgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now