Talk

Advanced search

BLW breakfast ideas

(7 Posts)
Cbell Mon 22-Aug-11 21:03:07

Time is always tight in the mornings and I have slipped into the habit of spoon feeding my DD. Most days she has oats, yogurt and fruit for breakfast which she enjoys. We do tend to give her some of the fruit to feed herself...depending on time!

However, I would like to give her more opportunities to feed herself breakfast but needs some more ideas as to what to offer her. We've tried sticky porridge and she did not like that and I am not sure we have much time for cooking in the morning.

Ideas please....

ChippingIn Mon 22-Aug-11 21:06:18

Fruit & toast.
Fruit & Weetabix dry with a bit of jam (kids in NZ used to take this for luch!!)
Scrambled egg but almost like an omlette in strips with toast
Leftover such as potatoes/corn/sweetpotato etc - or anything really

What else do the rest of you have??

Personally - I don't see anything wrong with the spoon feeding... unless you are trying to free up more time for yourself of course.

Paschaelina Tue 23-Aug-11 11:39:37

Mini shredded wheat dipped in milk or yoghurt goes down a storm here. The blueberry ones are favoured at the moment.

flowery Tue 23-Aug-11 11:42:56

Load the spoon up with oats and yoghurt and hand it to her to put in her mouth rather than doing it yourself.

MrsGubbins Tue 23-Aug-11 12:46:12

crumpets!

okiecokie Wed 24-Aug-11 14:29:45

Crumpets, toast, scotch pancakes, bagel, strawberries, banana

Debs75 Wed 24-Aug-11 14:41:52

Pancakes are a big hit with dd3. they don't take long to cook and cool.
Scrambled eggs are a great finger food
Porridge oats, fry them into a small pancake so she can pick it up
Cheerios, just a bit of milk to soften then pile a mound on her highchair for her to pick up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now