Talk

Advanced search

Limit on meal times?

(2 Posts)
cordiality Mon 22-Aug-11 09:13:15

BLWers, do you have a time limit on meal times or do you let your LOs have as long as they like to play with their food?!

My DD is 6.5 months, we've just started this and she loves it, but she'd happily sit and gnaw a piece of carrot and some bread for a couple of hours.

Do I need to start giving her a defined sense of meal times?

cantmakecarrotcake Mon 22-Aug-11 15:15:33

Nothing says you have to limit it, but I think for your ongoing sanity and social life it's worth giving her a 30-45 min window? If she gets in the habit of spending 2 hr eating then that's 6 hours out of your day, and I'm sure there'll be days when you'll need to go out after lunch. BLW is partly about our DCs learning normal table manners etc, and while we might spend 2 hr at the table for a Christmas lunch or something it's not what we'd do on a normal day.

I mostly eat breakfast and lunch with DD (7 months). When I'm finished eating, I busy myself in the kitchen for a bit while she continues to play with her food eat. It's about 30 min all in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now