Talk

Advanced search

How do I turn a purée into finger food?

(7 Posts)
ellesabe Fri 19-Aug-11 13:30:40

DD is almost 9 months and has been given a combination of purees and finger foods since 6 months. However she has recently started to refuse purée and I'm not sure what to do with the purees that I have stashed away in my freezer!
Some of them I can mix with pasta so she can feed herself, but can anyone recommend another way of turning purée into finger food as I really don't want it all to go to waste!

By the way, we have tried offering a loaded spoon so she can attempt feeding herself but she either just grabs the contents of the spoon or sticks the wrong end of the spoon in her mouth smile

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Aug-11 13:33:26

Mix with an equal quantity of baby rice, form into finger biscuits and bake for 20 mins at 180.

ellesabe Fri 19-Aug-11 14:17:17

Ooh great! I will try that. When you say baby rice, do I need to make the baby rice up with milk or do you just mean the powder as it comes? Sorry, dense question!

LakeFlyPie Fri 19-Aug-11 14:23:42

Toast soldiers or home made chips for dipping or to make things a lot easier all round leave the food in whatever form it was before puree-ing and give her that grin

LakeFlyPie Fri 19-Aug-11 14:27:21

Sorry just saw you have frozen puree to use.

DS (9mo) drinks soup from a cup.
Could you thin down puree with water or milk and do a cup of soup served with finger food to keep grabbing hands from cup flinging?

BornToFolk Fri 19-Aug-11 14:35:17

What kind of purees are they? You could spread on toast, or rice cakes.

Or mix it all into the next casserole/sauce you make.

MedicalEd Fri 19-Aug-11 16:16:49

You could put the fruit ones in natural yogurt - less sugar than the shop bought fruit ones or they are nice spread on toast instead of jam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now