Talk

Advanced search

I think my DD is going to turn into a sweet potato!

(8 Posts)
greeneone12 Wed 17-Aug-11 20:04:04

Hi All

DD is now almost 10MO and she does eat well but as she can't have tomatoes, alot of her dishes are meat and fish with sweet potato (and other veg). I am a bit concerned that you can have too much of a good thing. I know it is a good food, lots of vitamins etc but am a bit limited in what I can make for her as so many recipies have tom's in.

Guess I just need some re-assurance that she isn't going to turn orange of have an adverse side effects!

islandbaby Wed 17-Aug-11 20:14:42

I'm sure she'll be fine, and not orange in the slightest!

I must admit that a lot of easy recipes do use tomatoes, but other thigns that go down well in my house include spanish tortilla (throwing all sorts of things in there including ham, cheese, salad onions), you could make that with sweet potato or normal potato, and fish pie with some extra veg added in.

greeneone12 Wed 17-Aug-11 20:37:17

Thanks smile Gutted I can't do all the usuals for her including spag bol and cottage pie sad

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 18-Aug-11 02:14:21

DD was also turning into a sweet potato. I now use butternut squash as well (and pretend they don't smell and taste basically the same!)

Tarlia Thu 18-Aug-11 08:01:18

She will be fine, some babies are weaned on chocolate pudding.. I'm a bit confused as to why you can't make cottage pie though? It doesn't need tomato purée, tastes fine without. For any dishes with purée in just omit it, or am I missing something?

greeneone12 Thu 18-Aug-11 18:50:23

Spag bol and lots of pasta dishes have tomato in - I need to do some more investigating for dishes I can cook her as I have the Annabel Karmel book and every one of her recipies has either tomato or cheese! (she can't have dairy either)!

Tarlia Thu 18-Aug-11 23:06:15

Eekk, no dairy or tomato, that's very difficult as you are right, most 'dishes' contain one or the other. But you can use her special formula/BM in the mashed potatoes on cottage pie or to make a creamy soup for example.

Maybe the ladies in the recipe section would have some good ideas?

greeneone12 Sat 20-Aug-11 17:23:58

There is a recipe section???!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now