Talk

Advanced search

blw, food stains and washing them out

(7 Posts)
boognish Wed 17-Aug-11 13:53:51

Been using fairy sensitive non-bio up to now, with napisan when needed. Trouble is, now that we're starting to blw, ds's clothes and the carpet and sofa are covered in fruit stains. Washing them in fairy has just set the stains and napisan seems to be ineffective. Should I just wash his clothes twice, once in biological and then in fairy? Any household tips welcome.

bagelmonkey Wed 17-Aug-11 13:56:30

i've just started blw and i'm letting DD eat in just a nappy at home!

WorrisomeHeart Wed 17-Aug-11 13:57:45

The Vanish spray works wonders on most things (excepting banana which is indelible!)

worldgonecrazy Wed 17-Aug-11 13:59:33

Sunlight (when we get it). It will get rid of fruit and tomato stains. Just hang your washing out on a line in sunlight for an hour or two.

sancerrre Wed 17-Aug-11 14:01:17

I reckon the only way is to wash them straight away before the stains take hold. I don't do this of course so most of DS's clothes have black banana stains on. He now just wears a nappy to eat.

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 17-Aug-11 16:50:42

A spray stain remover does the trick. We use long-sleeved bibs that get food over 75% of them, and Vanish oxy (or the much cheaper Sainsbury's equavalent) does the trick. I let them dry (sometimes even up to 2-3 days if the washing works out that way) then spray them all and wash at 40 with non-bio as normal.

boognish Thu 18-Aug-11 00:17:07

Thanks for all your help - will be buying vanish oxy and using liberally (though just today ds got indelible banana everywhere except in mouth...) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now