Talk

Advanced search

Snacks for an 8 month old

(5 Posts)
LibbyLou123 Tue 16-Aug-11 16:22:31

Hi

Can anyone please suggest snacky type food that an 8 month old would enjoy. She's not great with lumps and tends to gag quite a lot on food.

I've tried her with banana, rice cakes, yoghurts, breadsticks, cubes of cheese

Any more suggestions?????

libbyssister Tue 16-Aug-11 22:41:37

How about some small pieces of bread and butter? Goodies 'crisps' have been well-liked by my 3 but they're a bit insubstantial.

islandbaby Tue 16-Aug-11 23:51:28

My 8mo DS likes:

slices of pear that I've peeled and softened (chop up and whack the whole lot in the microwave for 2/3 minutes in a little pot with a loose lid and a tablespoon of water, then store in the fridge)

porridge pancake/biscuits (Mix enough instant porridge oats with milk just to get them all to stick together, microwave for 30 seconds, pour onto a small round plate and mark into triangles, pop in the fridge until 'set')

Eggy bread (beat an egg, soak a small slice of brown bread in it, fry in a little butter)

Anything on toast (avocado and/or mashed banana are hits), which you can let soften the toast a bit then just cut up into fingers or little squares for shovelling in by hand

Scrambled egg, by the handful

Other than that, I always keep leftovers from dinners/lunches that I have in little pots in the fridge, then just tip that out in front of him to play with eat.

milkyjo Mon 22-Aug-11 12:53:58

Avocado is good, or any soft fruit if your DD isn't great with lumps. Even just bread is a hit with my 8.5 month DS, wholemeal tends to break down a bit easier I find. DS also likes soft cooked carrot sticks, he will mush them in his hand then shove it in his mouth.

Timeoutofmind Thu 25-Aug-11 21:11:20

My DD enjoys Finger sized pieces of melon, mango, plum, nectarine, strips of omelette, prunes, broccoli florets, croissant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now