Talk

Advanced search

Help with using a bumbo for blw

(5 Posts)
helsbels03 Tue 16-Aug-11 13:18:59

ds is 7 month and going great with bow. However he has just discovered that he can pull the tray of his bumbo and tip food all over the floor. Tips anyone on keeping the tray on???

P.s. He does sit in a high chair for tea, but it is a huge mamas and papas one that lives in dining room. (bought before having children, looked and is lovely and comfy, but a nightmare to clean). And we generally have lunch in living room, I know bad mother but in front of tv means dd1 and dd2 will sit still and eat!

naturalbaby Tue 16-Aug-11 15:01:22

i could never get to grips witht he bumbo tray - it was too small and everything just fell off the sides. would you consider getting a booster chair? i have a great one with a reclining back (suitable from 3months) with a tray that slides on the front and an insert on the tray that clips on, so it's easy to clip the main bit off the tray with all the food and leave him with a tray to put a toy on while i tidy up. the chair can go on the floor on it's own, on holiday, at the table with or without the tray. ds2 has only just stopped using it at 2yrs so that baby can have it.

Squigglywiggly Tue 16-Aug-11 15:09:14

Can he sit by himself... If so you could consider letting him picnic on a plastic sheet on the floor.

MockingbirdsNotForSale Tue 16-Aug-11 21:02:18

He must be strong!! DD eats in her Bumbo on a plastic mat on the floor. Its easier as she can reach for anything she drops. I eat on the floor next to her with the food on my lap. Anyway, are you sure that the tray is properly fixed together and is the lip firmly under the bottom of the Bumbo? Ours is immovable when fixed in place.

acatcalledfelix Tue 16-Aug-11 21:11:35

I second what mocking says, make sure the tray is clipped on as firmly as possible. My DS was an escape artist (still is from prams, car seats etc) and I struggled the get the Bumbo tray on properly but DH could do it and keep him in place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now