Talk

Advanced search

10 month old DD off her food.

(7 Posts)
MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 15-Aug-11 14:04:18

Hiya,

My DD who is BLW'd has lost interest in food really apart from fruit and even then not in the quantities she used to have. She tries stuff, has a miniscule amount then puts her hands over her mouth and squirms and cries to be let out of her seat. Does anyone have some good food ideas to tempt her? I'm open to any suggestion- no food is barred apart from stuff she shouldn't have of course!

Many thanks in advance.

Paschaelina Mon 15-Aug-11 14:53:17

My son is 11 months old. Every time he has done this he turned out to be teething - he would be fine for the first mouthful and then refuse after that. In the end we resorted to nurofen 10 minutes before meal and made sure the food is well cooked and quite soft. After a few days or a week he goes back to normal.

MonsterBookOfTysons Mon 15-Aug-11 14:55:33

Hi Mock smile
All I can advise <as you probably know already> is sweet potato. As you BLW you could give her chunks
<pretty sure you have tried this one already though>
smile

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 15-Aug-11 16:15:27

Actually Ty she hasn't had sweet potato in ages. I have some inthe fridge and I shall do it now! Thank you! Might not work though.....wink.

It probably is teething...

MonsterBookOfTysons Mon 15-Aug-11 16:17:38

It probably is teething, dd has been teething for months and still has no teeth grin
Good luck smile

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 15-Aug-11 18:54:24

she enthusiastically picked up the sweet potato and the moment it went in her mouth she cried and refused all food; so it must be teeth. After some pain relief she ended up sat on my hip while I fed her small morsels and like that she had scallop, sweet potato, normal potato then some brioche french toast with strawberry sauce. So she had a fair amount in the end.

MonsterBookOfTysons Mon 15-Aug-11 18:57:27

I am really pleased she ate in the end Mock smile
I hate teething!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now