Talk

Advanced search

link between cow's milk and eczema?

(3 Posts)
lovelychops Mon 15-Aug-11 12:37:10

I have started weaning DD who is 6 months and she has recently had a terrible flare up of baby eczema. Someone asked if she'd had any cow's milk, to which I said no as she was EBF till weaning started.
However I since realised she has had cow's milk from jars of baby food, small amounts in porridge etc.
Does anyone know if there is a link between them?

Also, as an aside - I was a little shocked that some baby foods do contain milk (and sugar!) As obviously I'd read that cow's milk shouldn't be given before one year. I know it's only a small amount, but I couldn't help but feel if I'd have took the time to make food myself rather than buying jars then I'd have known exactly what she was eating. sad

PrettyCandles Mon 15-Aug-11 12:43:23

There is often a link between cows milk and eczema. Even while the baby is being ebfd, the cows milk that the mum is consuming can have sn effect. This does not mean that eczema is caused by cows milk, simply that sometimes it can be.

It is generally fine to give weaning children foods containing cows milk. What you are thinking of is that cows milk should not be the main drink (ie should not reach bm or f) before 12m.

PrettyCandles Mon 15-Aug-11 12:45:12

Oh lor - iPhone typos!

Try again:
There is often a link between cows milk and eczema. Even while the baby is being ebfd, the cows milk that the mum is consuming can have an effect. This does not mean that eczema is caused by cows milk, simply that sometimes it can be.

It is generally fine to give weaning children foods containing cows milk. What you are thinking of is that cows milk should not be the main drink (ie should not replace bm or f) before 12m.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now