Talk

Advanced search

Worried about overfeeding....

(4 Posts)
Moulesfrites Thu 11-Aug-11 13:05:40

my ds is nearly 7 months, we have been weaning for about 5 weeks. We have introduced some full fat dairy products recently and they have gone down well - babybel , from age frais, yoghurt, rice pudding and porridge with cows milk etc. However, ds has only dropped one milk feed at lunchtime so far (ebf). He still has 4 bfs during the day and 2/3 at night! Should I not be giving him so much dairy if he has not dripped the milk yet, or do I need to get him to have it in order for him to drop the milk? Not quite sure which way it works. He probably has 2 servings of dairy a day, eg porridge then yoghurt after his lunch etc.

Moulesfrites Thu 11-Aug-11 18:01:33

Anyone?

shuckleberryfinn Thu 11-Aug-11 19:57:35

I think that your milk is the most important thing and that he'll drop feeds when he's ready, if he's eating everything you're offering I say carry on as you are. ( I'm not an HCP mind )

Iggly Fri 12-Aug-11 18:20:52

Is really early to think about dropping feeds. That didn't happen until closer to 9 months and DS even then would revert back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now