Talk

Advanced search

Dropping milk feeds

(3 Posts)
BatFlattery Thu 11-Aug-11 08:55:44

My DS is 7mo and weaning is going really well - he has 3 meals a day, and loves pretty much everything he's tried. I am just a bit confused/clueless as to when we should start dropping milk feeds (he is bf if that has any bearing, although I suspect not!). I will be going back to work full time in a couple of months and leaving him with a childminder so he'll have to start having formula during the day and bm at night.

Any advice much appreciated!

Mycatisjealous Sat 13-Aug-11 22:12:01

My DS (also bf) naturally dropped his mid morning milk feed at around 7 months and has just dropped his mid afternoon feed (at 9.5 months). Not sure whether this is "normal" or not, but he just stopped being interested so I stopped offering. Trying to make sure he jhas yoghurt, cheese etc with his emails to keep up his calcium.

Have had zero success on the formula front though....

CubiksRube Sat 13-Aug-11 22:49:14

My DS is 6 months and has (not that luckily, actually, as he is BF and I wanted to keep BF at night) dropped all his night feeds.

He is just generally becoming less interested in BF, like mycat's DS. And, though mycat has had a different experience, my DS has been fine with formula when he's been forced to have it (we have used the cartons) - I suppose it just depends on the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now