Talk

Advanced search

BLW running out of ideas

(8 Posts)
Cbell Mon 01-Aug-11 19:21:07

OK! So we've tried every kind of vegetable you can easily turn into a stick and we are now running out of ideas.

The BLW book says that you can let your little one eat the same meals you eat...well soup doesn't come in a stick version.

Really short of ideas. DD is 7mo and is just able to get sloppy foods up to her mouth but can't get much in which makes her frustrated.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

RitaMorgan Mon 01-Aug-11 19:28:18

She can dip bread/toast in soup.

How about strips of meat, meatballs, fishfingers, fishcakes, pasta and sauce, macaroni cheese, filled pasta/ravioli, sticky rice, chicken drumsticks, lentil burgers.

4madboys Mon 01-Aug-11 19:28:52

toast, sandwiches, bits of cheese and fruit and veg, small bits of cooked chicken to chew on. and let her have a bit of soup, even if she makes a mess!

and if she is really frustrated you could help her a bit?

you could make a chunky soup with bits of pasta and veg in it so she could pick out the bigger bits?

with my middle two boys we just put bits of whatever we were having on their highchair tray and let them get on with it, with ds1 he also let us feed him bits witha fork or a spoon.

some kids will let you, even if its just to stab something with a fork so she can then try and put it in her mouth herself? you can get metal forks for babies/toddlers so they arent sharp, but will still stab food smile

4madboys Mon 01-Aug-11 19:29:24

oh and she could dunk/dip bread in soup and then suck the soup out of the bread, munch on the bread smile

Flisspaps Mon 01-Aug-11 19:29:47

This website is very helpful.

Definitely second the bread-in-soup suggestion - I found it very amusing to think DD was having a solid meal with chunks of soupy bread and there was me with the pureed up veg and a spoon.

Choufleur Mon 01-Aug-11 19:30:42

pasta, rice, bread. Just mainly give what you are. Depends on how strict you are but I would spoon feed yoghurts and soup.

Flisspaps Mon 01-Aug-11 19:32:27

DD fed herself yoghurts (and any other sloppy food) with her fingers. Very messy, but she was more than happy to dip her hands in and lick them clean!

HarrietJones Mon 01-Aug-11 20:33:25

Pasta v popular here. Pork satay went down well the other day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now