Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long does sugared water take to work?

(6 Posts)
TettyLouBar Mon 25-Jul-11 10:01:59

Hi all,
DD2 has been weaning now for about 3-4 weeks, (27 weeks) and she's doing well. Eats most things I offer, but hasn't really taken to drinking water as well as I remember DD1 did.
I can't really remember DD1 having constipation, but DD2 seems to be very bunged up in the last few days. Only passing very hard small amounts.
I made up half a teaspoon of brown sugar in 4oz of cooled boiled water yesterday and she took about half of it. Is that enough to have an effect? How long should I wait before I give more? Someone said to me that orange juice also works if watered down but I'm note sure of the quantities?
Its awful seeing her straining all the time. sad

LIZS Mon 25-Jul-11 10:07:51

Don't know that this is proven to work anyway. Try giving her fruit with a high water content ie. melon. She should n't have reduced her milk feeds yet either, so if she has try offfering it before soilids for a few days

TettyLouBar Mon 25-Jul-11 10:09:44

ok, thanks. When do you start reducing milk feeds then? I can't remember much from the first time around!?!

PaperView Mon 25-Jul-11 10:14:01

Their digestion changes as what they are eating changes. 2 of mine didn't drink water. None of them do now in fact. I would've thought fresh orange would be better than sugared water too tbh.

InFlames Mon 25-Jul-11 21:35:26

I part fresh squeezed orange to 5 parts water worked here for slight constipation at 7 months.

UKSky Wed 27-Jul-11 21:14:46

OJ worked here too. Or, if she will suck it, a slice of orange. But beware when it works through!!!! You'll wonder how something so small can contain quite so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now