Talk

Advanced search

Spoon issues, what time is your tea time and over-tiredness

(2 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Fri 22-Jul-11 21:26:35

I started weaning my DD 2 weeks a go at 6 months. She is EBF and all is going well apart from the fact she doesn't want to put anything in her mouth herself and isn't keen on accepting the spoon (so I don't force it), but is fine if I put the food in her mouth (rather messy for me!). Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Also, I was giving her tea with us at 6pm with a BF at 5pm. We then do bath and I start her bedtime feed at 7pm, but sometimes she doesn't want much so I wondered if tea is too close to the feed? If she doesn't tank up with milk then getting her to sleep is nearly impossible. I was wondering what time other people did tea time, bath time and bed time feed?

Also, does anyone else have the problem with over-tiredness and getting baby to sleep e.g. although I can usually get my DD to nap 3.30/4ish for 30-60 mins she often gets grumpy and rubs her eyes madly before I can get her ready for bed by 7pm and then she won't feed if she's overtired and gets hysterical leading to a very prolonged attempt to get her to bed and usually another feed.

Would appreciate any advice - thanks!

Seona1973 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:43:53

ours normally ate at 5pm with a bedtime feed around 7pm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: