Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

no bowel movement after first food!

(3 Posts)
VickiOtter Mon 18-Jul-11 10:36:14

My baby started eating a tiny amount of food every day with her milk 6 days ago. She has enjoyed it, and slept better but she hasn't poo'ed since! She seems happy and no distress but I am getting slightly concerned. Has anyone else experienced this??!
Cheers x

tiktok Tue 19-Jul-11 16:22:21

How old is your baby, Vicki?

If she's not in any discomfort, it may be a non-issue. If she is breastfed, days without a poo can be normal.

Sparklyboots Sun 24-Jul-11 23:35:16

Am experiencing weird poo reaction at this stage too - DS is nearly 7 months and we are weaning in a very haphazard fashion. But his poo instantly disappeared and he currently only goes once every two days - he used to go four or five times a day (BF). This seems unrelated to how much actual food he is taking. I had thought he'd be doing lovely BF poos for ages yet because he's getting most of his needs from BF and eating very little (it is very haphazard); however, his poos are definately changing to 'normal' poo. So I do share this experience and have the same concerns but can't offer any actual advice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now