Talk

Advanced search

books

(8 Posts)
whostolemyname Mon 11-Jul-11 14:44:12

Can anyone recommend a good book on weaning? I really don't have any idea what to do and want to read a bit before the time comes. Annabel Karmel is the only author I have heard of.

Many thanks.

ramade Mon 11-Jul-11 19:18:10

Annabel Karmel weaning book for both of mine. It's brilliant. We used those rubber icecube things to do big batches of food and freeze (very handy) and a hand blender to wizz it all up to a puree (doesn't have to be a posh one, our wasn't).

I saw her on telly once, she seemed a bit hard faced, I didn't like her to be honest!! But she knows what she's talking about and both of our kids are not picky eaters at all, love veg etc.

JollySergeantJackrum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:20:09

Baby Led Weaning is also worth a read.

You can read about it here and there's a link to the amazon page on the right.

irishqueen Mon 11-Jul-11 19:27:09

Lorraine kelly did one a while ago that I loved loved loved first time round. Can get it on ebay for a few quid. Ivw bought it again but not had a chance to look through yet

irishqueen Mon 11-Jul-11 19:27:10

Lorraine kelly did one a while ago that I loved loved loved first time round. Can get it on ebay for a few quid. Ivw bought it again but not had a chance to look through yet

cocoachannel Wed 13-Jul-11 12:05:16

I also like AK- although agree she is not the most attractive of personalities on the television etc.! I also like the BLW book and have produced my own plan taking ideas from both camps.

Have also read the GF book on weaning. I found it quite complicated tbh confused

Slainte Wed 13-Jul-11 21:05:17

I'm using the River cottage baby and toddler book and cook a lot from it for my 7 month old DD. Another one that I use daily is BigBook
HTH

fireflyz Sun 17-Jul-11 14:21:06

We've tried Gina Ford's recipes and they are nice.
Annabel Karmel's book is gorgeous and has some really interesting recipes in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now