Talk

Advanced search

weaning and going to nursery...

(5 Posts)
pollyr01 Sun 10-Jul-11 19:27:17

Im a bit obsessed worried about what happens when my 8.5 month old goes to nursery next month when it comes to food / milk feeds. She is on 3 solid meals a day and eats well. she has 3 b/f a day and is exclusively b/f. She drinks water enthusiastically from a sippy cup (about half going down her front , bless her), but won't take a bottle (never has, only chews on it for 5 mins) and won't take milk from a sippy cup. obviously the middle /bf (about 3pm) is going to be when she is at nursery. does it matter if she misses this out as long as she has more dairy through the day? I'm seeing the nursey this week to ask them but was wondering if anyone has any experience of this? my husband would also dearly love me to shut up about this so looking forward to hopefully finding out it'll be ok....

pollyr01 Sun 10-Jul-11 19:32:26

oh and she is 7/5 months now so 8/5 when she'll be starting at nursery....if that makes a difference to milk feeds?....

CMOTdibbler Sun 10-Jul-11 19:32:27

She'll be fine. And you might be suprised that she'll drink milk from a cup/bottle when she sees others doing so too

BenRoo Mon 11-Jul-11 12:13:09

Hi pollyro1
I had exactly the same obsession wink when my DS went to nursery at 6 months old.
He never took a bottle before,well maybe once or twice but I never persisted,so I was extremely worried for when he went to nursery plus I had just started weaning etc etc
To begin with he had approx 10mls three times a day which scared the life out of me, because he would have 4 long bf's from me when i was with him,but all health professionals told me this was fine as he was being offered 3 meals a day (and taking most).
We're now 2 months on and he accepts a trainer cup with ebm in from the girls at nursery grin
The little monkey still won't take milk from anything other than his doidy cup from me,DH or his Nanny but hey ho!
As a pp has already said, your LO will submit to peer pressure wink once at nursery, they will just want to join in with everybody else!
This will be one worry less very shortly smile

pollyr01 Sun 17-Jul-11 19:59:06

thanks everyone for this - am starting to be a bit more reassured about this as she DOES appear to eat well for her age in terms of solids, and can't get enough of her water (I have to restrict non stop water drinking at mealtimes), so she's not going to be going hungry or thirsty. I guess it's pushing the weaning one step further on!!! I think I may actually miss this breastfeeding malarkey once its eventually done. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now