Talk

Advanced search

Help with feeding (solids and milk) routine please

(12 Posts)
Kiki84 Sun 10-Jul-11 09:52:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnaYorks Sun 10-Jul-11 09:54:09

Just marking my place - this is something that has been perplexing me too!

VelveteenRabbit Sun 10-Jul-11 09:54:40

VelveteenRabbit Sun 10-Jul-11 09:55:41

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 10-Jul-11 09:56:04

According to LLL you should feed them one hour before giving solids although I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

Have you tried asking in the Breast/Bottle feeding section, you may get a better response.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 10-Jul-11 10:00:34

There is some info on Kellymom too.

babymamma11 Sun 10-Jul-11 10:02:50

Marking my place, I've no idea either!

MovingAndScared Sun 10-Jul-11 10:03:22

Its is one of those things that really depends - but when I was weaning my DS2 he was in a routine - sort of - that meant he has some milk about 30 mins before his meals - we were doing BLW - ie just finger food through so might be different as for that definatly milk before food
is he enoying his food - which is what matter as this stage
do you feel he is happy - and are you - with the amount of food and milk he is getting - then don't stress too much

Zimm Sun 10-Jul-11 18:34:40

Dont worry about it. Offer meals at mealtimes and breastfeed on demand. At 7 months DD fed at 7ish, 9ish, 11ish, 2ish, 4ish and 7ish plus night feeds so there was never much gap between milk and solids!! At 11 months we are down to 7ish, 2ish, 5ish and 7ish - just sort of happened, I dropped feeds as she appeared not to want them.

pollyr01 Sun 10-Jul-11 19:14:18

hi there. my dd is 7 months and breastfed. also now on 3 meals a day. i know what you mean as I got v confused about it all - but basically they need to have an appetite if they are going to eat/drink!

After several weeks of getting my knickers in a twist that I was doing it the wrong way around...a common sense mate suggested that if they don't eat the solid then do that first then the b/f. as long as you are doing at least 3 feeds a day that should be fine. they aren't going to get dehydrated.

I start off with breastfeed then breakfast (so that's about an hour diff); found that after the 11am b/f she wasn't interested in food, so I did the b/f after lunch at 1130. I've recently dropped this b/f. If you are happy to do it that way I think it makes sense. then b/f at 2/30pm, then tea at 5pm and b/f after.

hope this helps. they'll tell you if they are hungry/thirsty anyway.

ilovemountains Sun 10-Jul-11 19:21:11

I agree with pollyr01. My DD is also 7 months and our days are roughly:
7am bfeed
8.30am breakfast
12 noon lunch
2.30pm bfeed
5pm tea
6.30pm bfeed
10pm dream feed (formula)
Occasionally I add a bfeed about 4pm if she's hungry. Hth!

Kiki84 Tue 19-Jul-11 20:38:45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now