Talk

Advanced search

Massive prob with 19 month old

(4 Posts)
CombineArvester Wed 06-Jul-11 17:17:44

Always been a picky eater, hated new tastes / textures partly due to reflux.

Got better a couple of months ago and would try most dryish stuff.

Past week or so has been eating normally lunch breakfast but refusing faves - eg spag bol. chicken jambayala etc. Would eat crap if gave him, gave him fish and chips and loved it.

He puts spoon to mouth and says 'hot' even though its not and then says all gone. Am not offering alternatives, he gets down from table but then wants to get back in chair. Goes crazy when sibling finishes meal and gets yoghurt.

Any thoughts?

CosmicMouse Thu 07-Jul-11 08:18:57

Sounds like a normal 19mo trying his luck to me!

CombineArvester Thu 07-Jul-11 13:16:59

Shall I just ignore and continue to not offer alternatives then? Little beggar. He is built like a tank so would do him no harm to miss dinner for a bit imo.

CosmicMouse Thu 07-Jul-11 19:12:25

That's what I'd do. Dinner is dinner and thats it, like it or leave it. If she was repeatedly doing it, I would sometimes offer "supper" a little while afterwards. Making no reference to dinner, but still offering her another opportunity to eat before bedtime.

We've always offered pudding (yog or fruit) randomly. So if it's pudding day, it's a pudding day regardless of what she eats at dinner. I didn't want to get into bribery to get her to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now