Talk

Advanced search

Exciting finger foods for blw 6 month old

(7 Posts)
Squigglywiggly Fri 24-Jun-11 08:12:01

I'm very lucky that my daughter loves food and I am enjoying weaning her.

I was wondering if anyone had any exciting ideas for finger foods which have been have success with their little ones.

Thanks!

Jules125 Fri 24-Jun-11 08:23:30

bits of white fish bound with grated cheese rolled into a finger
- tried with my 6 month yesterday and surprisingly went down well

HarrietJones Fri 24-Jun-11 12:08:39

Asparagus is just the right size.

Thefoxsbrush Fri 24-Jun-11 18:21:08

I can't wait to try jack on asparagus! Jack was 6 months on 22nd june and had cheese toasties cut into fingers at the bowling alley yesterday. He also loves cherry toms cut in half, half a small Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes were also easy for him to handle and he enjoyed some king prawns last night which were the perfect size for him to hold

Paschaelina Fri 24-Jun-11 18:27:24

Eggy bread goes down well. As does mackerel topped with breadcrumbs mixed with tomato puree and grilled.

Squigglywiggly Sat 25-Jun-11 10:03:13

Yummy! Will definitely be trying some of these suggestions. The mackerel sounds particularly good!

Blueberry pancake strips have gone down well as has courgette 'falafels'!

Ruthselina Wed 29-Jun-11 20:54:49

well cooked brocolli florets and carrot batons have gone down well with my LO - when I say 'gone down' I mean smeared on the highchair, dropped on the floor and worn as a brocolli beard. I didn't think any had actually gone in his mouth until the following day's nappy was evidence to the contrary. He has also enjoyed some big corn puffs that I buy from the local Polish deli. They are like wotsits, but without any colour or flavour. The only ingredient is corn and they are about 80p for a massive bag, so a lot cheaper than the organix 'crisps'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now