Talk

Advanced search

juice from a cup

(5 Posts)
mummytasha11 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:52:43

hi everyone,

just wondering, at the mo i give my 5 1/2 month old ds his juice in a bottle but wondering if I should move onto a 1st stage cup, tried him with it a couple of weeks ago but he didnt know what to do with it...he can hold his own little bottle so maybe should just keep him on that for a litle while longer.

HarrietJones Wed 22-Jun-11 12:03:21

Juice isn't a good idea this young. Cup would be better if you want to persist as a bottle keeps the sugar around the teeth

mummytasha11 Wed 22-Jun-11 12:14:39

he hasnt got any teeth atm?? he sometimes has cooled boiled water but ovb prefers the juice

Seona1973 Wed 22-Jun-11 12:55:14

I wouldnt give juice at that age. Water in a cup would be best.

Octaviapink Wed 22-Jun-11 12:57:13

I think if it was me I'd get him off the juice while he's still young enough not to remember it - otherwise he WILL have teeth and will be refusing to drink anything but juice. There's way too much sugar for babies in juice anyway - milk or water are far better.

On the bottle question - again, better to drop it as soon as you can - he'll need to learn to drink from a cup eventually and the sooner you start the quicker he'll get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now