Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Loving blw

(6 Posts)
Thefoxsbrush Mon 20-Jun-11 17:06:12

Just want to say I am loving blw! My first 2 were weaned at 17 weeks on purée no problem but ds3 has just continuously refused to be fed purée from a spoon. After a month of trying, decided to give blw a go.

Today he's had a bit of roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, a roast potato, 2strawberries and some wedges of cheese. I love it! (it is messy though)

YaMaYaMa Mon 20-Jun-11 17:10:07

Oooh, how old is he? I've dipped my toe in with blw with yogurt and banana but keep chickening out! Can you tell me how you started? Has he had any tummy pains etc? People keep telling me that I'll cause an upset tummy if I blw, but it seems so exciting and I think dd would enjoy it.

Thefoxsbrush Mon 20-Jun-11 17:16:57

He is exactly 6 months old - he always tries to steal our food so I placed a roast potato in his hand and he just munched on it! He drops food quite opten so I just pick it up and put it in his hand.

Then whenever anyone in our house has eaten something he's had it - he especially loved strawberries ( v messy) and cheese.

It Is scary when they gag bit I know he's just getting used to food in his mouth so trying not to be over-concerned- he always comes back for more aswell.

I just did my research from Internet but have ordered the book from amazon today to learn more about the concept (and so im more armed when people start asking questions)

He hasn't had any tummy pains- didn't even realise that was a side effect!

Xx

TittyBojangles Mon 20-Jun-11 18:19:52

Not sure where the tummy pains idea comes from? DS hasn't seemed to suffer at all and eats all sorts.

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 20-Jun-11 19:11:42

I love seeing DD so competently tackle different bits of food and she likes thing I don't like mushrooms. Tonight she had sausage, mushroom and baked beans and ate the lot (reduced salt and sugar beans). For the first 3 weeks we did purees which she liked until she suddenly started refusing them and we switched to BLW. Since then her tummy's been a lot better. On purees everything was too solid iyswim and on BLW her bowel movements are a lot better and she's had no wind or discomfort which she definitely did with purees.

HarrietJones Mon 20-Jun-11 19:13:49

I would have thought more tummy probs on purée as they sometimes eat more than their body is ready for.BLW is more gradual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now