Talk

Advanced search

Fussy 1yo - struggling with our 'own' food

(3 Posts)
bluesmile10 Thu 09-Jun-11 21:27:40

We just cant seem to get our 1 yo to enjoy our home cooked food - he will polish off a jar of food like you wouldnt believe, but when it comes to our food he often pushes it away - how do I try and get him eating more of what we eat? This has been since he was poorly a little while ago

MrsHerculePoirot Thu 09-Jun-11 21:36:45

For us, DD enjoyed finger foods, so enjoyed joining in and eating Sunday lunch was the first thing she ate 'properly'. We used to give a little ramekin with gravy in and she would happily dip everything (meat, parsnips, carrots yorkshire puddings etc..) into that and eat it.

I think the other thing that worked for us was that we also started eating with her in the evenings so she had the same as us which worked well. This sort of recipe went down well (although I suggest doubling the veg in it) served with rice. Very messy, but DD loves eating it with her hands all mixed up with the rice. If you want a different consistency then of couse you can blend/mash it a little. I found the more we just ate and chatted and the less we spent 'watching' her if that makes sense the more she joined in.

Iggly Thu 09-Jun-11 21:38:38

Can you slowly wean off jars so mix in your food bit by bit, increasing the amounts over time? Jar food tastes different (have you tried it)?

Also take him out for meals and let him steal stuff from your plate to get him to try different things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: