Talk

Advanced search

Custard

(6 Posts)
pinkvicki74 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:21:56

My DD is 8 months old, on 3 meals a day and has a bottle in the morning and one before bed. She's really not bothered about an afternoon bottle at 2.30pm and the HV has said this is ok as long as she is getting calcium from other milk rich foods such as yoghurts, custards etc.

Does anyine know if I can give the individual pots of Ambrosia custard? I've bought baby custard ut just seems to be a mix of milk and fruit as opposed to real custard???

Thanks

TittyBojangles Thu 09-Jun-11 16:59:42

I would think Ambrosia custard has a lot of sugar etc in. Could you make your own with less/no sugar?

nickelbabe Thu 09-Jun-11 17:01:21

custard has a lot of sugar in it.

you'd be better getting yoghurts.

pinkvicki74 Thu 09-Jun-11 17:55:14

I do give yogs just looking for something as an alternative! And really thinking about something that if i go out I can take with me.

I know the baby food jars do "puddings" but was just wondering how the "adult" custard and rice puddings fared.

MooM00 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:01:52

For dc1 and 2 I made rice pudding(freezes) and semolina(does not freeze) using the instructions on the bag but with no sugar. They loved it and it's really cheap too! Dc3 is a spoon refuser so doen't eat either yet. Yoghurt twice a day is fine though.

pinkvicki74 Thu 09-Jun-11 21:04:10

Thanks all x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: