Talk

Advanced search

fussy 'no veg' blw - should I worry?

(5 Posts)
liquoriceandtomatoes Sun 05-Jun-11 16:09:02

That's it basically. My ds is 8mnths, a good size and the food he likes he eats a lot of. He can't eat enough bananas and other fruit but ignores any veg - even potatoes. I've tried just putting veg on his tray with nothing else (for a minute or 2, then add something he'll eat) or putting it in omelettes, doesn't work, doesn't matter if he sees us eating it. Should I just chill out and be happy he eats fruit, bread, dairy, fish and cereal?

Flisspaps Sun 05-Jun-11 16:15:32

He should still get all the nutrients he needs from milk until he's 1, don't worry yet smile

Paschaelina Sun 05-Jun-11 16:18:36

My Boy ignored all meat until about a week ago, he's just 9 months old. Everyone advised me to relax about it, he would get it in his own time, and he has! grin Just this last few days.

Definitely chill. Its all about practising and playing with the food for a while yet.

splatt Wed 08-Jun-11 20:57:18

DD ignored all veg until about a week ago. I was very stressed. Never thought I'd be so happy to find lumps of carrot in her nappy!!

Keep offering, mix up the variety. She clicked with roast corgette if that helps!!

Paschaelina Wed 08-Jun-11 21:02:02

Yes roast veg seems to be much preferred to steamed/boiled in this house. I think its sweeter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: