Talk

Advanced search

which food processor? do I need one?

(3 Posts)
magazinefiend Sat 04-Jun-11 21:22:58

I am weaning DS3 and made do with hand held mixers before but find they leave too many lumps. started looking into processors but overwhelmed by choice. i don't mind spending £150 as long as i know it will be a useful addition to the kitchen. i had a mini chopper once but same problems it virtually keeled over when presented with a few carrots. I don't want it to sit in the cubboard being inored when weaning over....any thoughts? oh and is the kitchen aid really worth £300?! My husband likes the look of that one but he is easily seduced by looks wink

phatcat Sat 04-Jun-11 21:24:40

magimix all the way - 4200xl

HappyAsASandboy Sat 04-Jun-11 21:45:11

I get on very well with my £13 jug blender from sainsbury's. It us simple (so nothing to break) and copes well with all sorts of things (butternut squash with skin on today). Plus, if it dies break, I won't mind shelling out for a new one smile

On the other hand, my Kitchen Aid is beautiful, and I live using it for baking. Can't justify the stupid price for the mincing etc gadget pack either. And now I have my bargain jug blender, I wouldn't want to get the KA out every time I want to purée.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: