Talk

Advanced search

Milk quantity - confused again..

(3 Posts)
SharkSkinThing Sat 04-Jun-11 13:57:25

Hi Everyone, hoping for a bit of help....having a crisis of confidence for some reason..

DS is 10.5 months. Just finished BF (due to some razor sharp teeth action). On three meals a day and good quantity of dairy. Also on three 7oz bottles of formula. One on waking, one an hour after lunch, and one a couple of hours after dinner before bed.

Is this too much milk? I still have it in my head that a pint of milk is ok until they're one, though with the dairy he's probably a bit over.

He's only just started sleeping through (7pm - 5am) so i don't want to reduce massively as he's clearly got a lovely full belly by the end of the day, but I''m worried I'm compromising his appetite for food?

Should I leave things are as they are until he's one, then switch to cows milk and work on reducing the lunch time milk with a view to it going completely?

He's not much of a snacker, I guess because the poor lad doesn't have a chance to get hungry! grin

Seona1973 Sat 04-Jun-11 17:05:26

a minimum of 20oz is recommended until 1 year when it drops to around 12oz. It was around that your lo's age that ds dropped to 2 milk feeds and I replaced the lost feed with a snack and drink of water. He sounds as if he is doing fine so I would maybe leave things as they are for now.

SharkSkinThing Sat 04-Jun-11 18:36:29

Seona, thank you - I really appreciate your advice.

Having one of those 'don't know what I'm doing' days! xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: