Talk

Advanced search

Late Weaning - DD (nearly 2). Brutal and honest advice needed!!!

(4 Posts)
Frickasfeck Fri 03-Jun-11 13:45:56

Hi, i'm looking for advice on how to wean DD off of nighttime feeds. DD is nearly 2 and still very attached to the breast. VERY attached.

She falls asleep on the breast. I know, bad habit, but an effective habit when you have more than one child!! She will usually sleep for a few hours, but then will be in and out of our bed during the night and will want to feed - ALL NIGHT!

If I refuse to give her breast she will scream and shout, settle for a few minutes, then be searching for it again. I must admit, I sometimes give in because I am dog-tired and it's easier (I know!) and DP needs to get up for work and older DD needs her sleep for sch in the morning.

I know she doesn't need it because she eats and drinks well during the day - but she loves 'the boobies'. She talks to them as if they are people! They always get a happy 'hello' when she sees them.

She will be my last child, so I think this may add to it, but physically I am really feeling it. I have always been anaemic, but I am feeling more and more drained as the days go by.

Brutal and honest advice and exxperiences gratefully received!!!

RitaMorgan Fri 03-Jun-11 13:47:59

You might get more answers in the Breast and Bottle feeding section. I've seen Jay Gordon's nightweaning method mentioned a few times though.

MegBusset Fri 03-Jun-11 13:48:14

Hi, just to let you know that this topic is about the other 'weaning' ie starting solids. If you post in the 'Breast and bottle feeding' topic then I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice smile

Frickasfeck Fri 03-Jun-11 14:09:48

Makes sense!! Thank You!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now