Talk

Advanced search

Snacks

(6 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Thu 02-Jun-11 08:37:04

Morning!

Just wondering when you all started introducing a snack on top of the 3 meals? What time of day did you feel your baby needed one and what did/do you give them?

Thanks

prolificwillybreeder Thu 02-Jun-11 08:45:27

Bumping as I am also interested.

NoTeaForMe Thu 02-Jun-11 09:11:44

Hi prolificwilly (!!!) how old is your son? (I'm guessing you have a boy?!)

HarrietJones Thu 02-Jun-11 09:20:26

Dd3 is 7.5 months & she has the occasional bit of fruit or rice cake if I have something but no regular snack

Albrecht Thu 02-Jun-11 15:47:00

Dentist told us to give fruit, yoghurt etc at mealtimes as that gives the teeth time to recover between sugar attacks so I tend to just give ricecakes, oatcakes, breadsticks, pitta strips, cucumber sticks while he's playing mid morning and mid afternoon, once he's had a nap, nappy change etc. Or if he's getting grouchy while I'm trying to make dinner...

Ds doesn't eat much at meals, sometimes I think he has more at snacktime! Its also just about them practicing with their hands so don't worry if it just gets dropped / thrown / ground into the floor. If you have a low table its good to leave things on there so they can go back to it once they are mobile.

Think we started doing it about 8 months but can't really remember, sorry.

prolificwillybreeder Thu 02-Jun-11 20:04:29

He's 11m noteaforme. He only in the last month has eaten finger foods as such as he shovells it in and doesn't chew!
2 scary choking incidents have made me quite cautious.
We probably are a bit slow with weaning but he'll eat anything we eat so not all bad!
How old is your baby?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: