Talk

Advanced search

So whats the deal with baby rice?

(3 Posts)
Moulesfrites Wed 01-Jun-11 17:36:10

So ds is 18 weeks and has started to wake up every 3 hours at night. He is ebf, and whilst it is tiring I am hoping we can just ride it out (although I have been saying that for about 3/4 weeks now!). Everyone who I speak to is telling me to give him baby rice, which I don't really want to do, mores when I saw a friend's baby having some today - it looked like wallpaper paste! Is this really the magic elixir of sleep that everyone tells me it is?

sweetuphoria Wed 01-Jun-11 19:34:40

There is massive growth/developmental spurt from about 16wks. My DD is 21wks now and just seems to be coming out of it. Imo what they need to get through this is milk milk milk. Although in a weak moment I did offer my DD some baby rice to test the waters. She wasn't interested so I've left it!

Tortu Sun 05-Jun-11 21:30:21

Hah! My baby hasn't come out of it yet. I reckon that they just start eating more as they get bigger (obvious, eh?) and, as he's not going to stop growing for 15 or so years, I can't see him starting to eat less again. Growth spurt, pah.

Although, I also reckon baby rice is a massive conspiracy. It is basically milk with a bit of dodgy thickener in it. If you leave it half an hour it magically becomes 'unthick' again and thus I suspect it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: