Talk

Advanced search

Blowing raspberry's - food everywhere!

(5 Posts)
toomuchtooyoung Tue 31-May-11 08:53:42

my 8 month old thinks it's hilarious to blow a raspberry at me when feeding, and hence I get covered in whatever she's eating. I've tried ignoring her so she doesn't get a reaction from me, I've tried the stern face and tone of voice, and I've tried just stopping the feed (but then she's still hungry) but I'm still getting covered, even with an apron on.

Beginning to dread mealtimes. Any advice?

SenoritaViva Tue 31-May-11 13:58:40

I think removing the food is the best idea. When she doesn't blow raspberries be very happy, congratulatory etc.

Don't worry if she's hungry, just add an extra snack in (say with a rice cake or something dry-ish).

It's just a phase, by taking away the food and being stern she will realise that you are not happy with that behaviour.

cardamomginger Wed 01-Jun-11 21:36:43

We have this problem too. When she acts up I just sit there reading a magazine and ignoring her, occasionally looking up and giving her a spoonful. Usually gets her to behave cos she's not getting the attention. However, I have found it very difficult not to laugh at her behaviour - this is my first DC and it's just so wonderful that she is showing that she is a proper little person with a sense of humour, her own will, her own determined little nature! Of course, I hide this from DD, turn my face away and then put on my best stern face when I look at her again grin.

K999 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:39:35

She's 8 months. It's what they do. I used to blow them back! Enjoy it....or you could try BLW and let her just get on with it???

tigermummy35 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:45:26

We have the same here, it's hillarious!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: